Here at Internationwool we want to work together with all our stallholders to create a unique festival showcasing the best in wool artistry from around the world. We will focus on the local, national and international producers who work in different ways to create the amazing woolly products that we all love so much.
We have a very clear idea of what we’d like to achieve with the show. Internationwool will be a busy, fun and family friendly event with the feel of a thriving international village. In order to cater for all wool interests and needs we want stallholders who represent the many different aspects of the wool industry. From those who keep the sheep to those who spin or felt the wool, those who dye, design patterns or make equipment, and those who create end products through weaving, knitting, crochet or any other means. There should be fun, on-topic, activities to keep the young, and young at heart, amused throughout; along with talks, demonstrations and workshops to inspire and inform. In addition, we want delicious food to keep everyone going throughout.
We want to make The Internationwool Festival, Anglesey 2019 the fibre event to visit.
The festival will consist of a few different sections. There are two purpose-built pavilions which will house the majority of the vendors. Alongside will be marquees for new businesses and local crafters, and outdoor areas for vendors to bring their own marquees. There will also be a dedicated food court and food marquee, camping and glamping villages and areas for livestock, shearing and various other wool-themed activities. Unloading is very easy at the showground, please see the information sheet for full details.
Whilst we cannot guarantee the footfall at our event, and have yet to start selling tickets so cannot give anticipated numbers, we can share a few promising statistics with you.
- The Anglesey Show – a country show held at the showground earlier in August attracts in excess of 60,000 visitors over its 2 days (according to statistics on The Anglesey Showground website). Other shows at the venue, including antiques markets, attract on average 6000 visitors, which we also hope to be able to achieve.
- Tourism in Wales is booming and increasing. The statistics show that there were over 100 million day-visits to Wales in 2016 and 2017. In North Wales, where the show will be held, this is 22 million day-visits per year.
- Anglesey has the second-highest tourist spending statistic for all of Wales, second only to Cardiff.
- North Wales is a thriving craft hub, with several popular Guilds, many talented artisans and several unique shops.
- The other major wool shows are all over 3 hours away so we are not in direct competition with anyone. The straight-forward transport links to Anglesey mean that we can draw on a large area of customers. This includes the large cities of Liverpool and Manchester, both of which are under two hours away.
There is a lot more information available to you in the Application Information. If you feel that you have any queries which we haven’t addressed, then please do get in touch. We know that it is a daunting prospect to put your faith into a brand new show, and we really appreciate that you are considering vending with us.
As we are a new show, we know that there will be things that we haven’t been able to quite pin down yet, and information that we just don’t currently possess, but as soon as we have it, we will keep all of you up to date.
If you are interested in vending, displaying or demonstrating at Internationwool please complete and return the Application Form. (Make sure that you have read the information document as this will cover a lot of your questions, and enable you to fill in the application form more easily.)
As well as having plenty of opportunity for you to display and sell your products, we want to have a wide selection of workshops, talks and demonstrations taking place throughout the festival. If you would like to run one, then please let us know!
Application Form – pdf (English)
Application Information – pdf (English)
(We have volunteers translating the documents above into other languages. We will upload them as soon as they are ready.)
If you are from outside the UK and are interested in being one of our international vendors, please visit the International Vendors page for more information.
If you would like to be one of our food vendors, provide entertainment during the event, or have any other queries, then please get in touch using the form below.